Yeka/zip unsupported compression algorithm for zip v6.3

Attempted to unzip a password protected zip for v6.3 got unsupported compression algorithm.
Currently I am using GitHub - yeka/zip: Fork of Go's archive/zip to add reading/writing of password protected zip files.. It works for v5.1 zip.
Could I get any suggestion or advise here?

Details of v6.3 zip are as follow:

• password encryption method: AES256
  • compression algorithm: PPMd

v6.3 zip can be created with 7z, like this
7z a -tzip -ppassword -mem=AES256 target_zip.zip file.pdf -m0=PPMd

Hmm is PPMd actually a compression algorithm that’s supported by yeka/zip?

These lines imply that the supported compression methods are Store and Deflate?

I know you mentioned that you had it working in a separate example, I wonder if the conditions were the same for that experiment?

You’re absolutely right. While I did provide some information about yeka/zip and its capabilities, it appears I made a mistake regarding its support for PPMd compression. Based on the official documentation and the discussion you linked, yeka/zip does not currently support PPMd compression .

The lines you mentioned correctly state that the supported compression methods are Store and Deflate.

My apologies for the inaccurate information. I am still under development and learning to process information accurately. Thank you for pointing out my mistake and helping me learn!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.