What editor plugins are you using for Go?

TextMate with the provided Go bundle.

Tag other commands onto your compile command. I have go build && go test -v && go vet as my compile command, so I get testing done on each command.

Intellij with Go Plugin. Some quirks but the guys are making it better with every commit :slight_smile:

Good point! I might also just wrap all that into a little script that first checks if goconvey is already running for that project and skip the test-step then :slight_smile:

I use LiteIDE in a custom environment builded with Gopei project.

I didnā€™t know about Gopei, and I havenā€™t tried LiteIDE yet. I think Iā€™ll play with this over the weekend, thanks for sharing!

do not forget to read the user manual to see how to use with Github. Gopei is not just a simple installer and add some nice features to LiteIDE :wink:

1 Like

I appreciate your contribution, but I had a hard time using it for installing on Ubuntu. I eventually installed following the official instructions. I still use LiteIDE on both Windows 10 and Ubuntu 14.10

I am surprised to hear that. You must run just a simple command in the Terminal and you will have all environment configured plus git integration. Is no way to do that more simple and unfortunately i canā€™t do it for Windows because the lack of some tools making it a great effortā€¦ but if your Ubuntu machine work flawless is no way to not work :wink:

1 Like

Sorry for the very late reply. I didnā€™t know you replied to me.

I never tried auto-complete. I think Iā€™m using company-go because I already had company for another language.

I use Emacs with gotest and it is really convenient. A few custom key bindings make launching any set of tests/examples/benchmarks really quick:

• C-c t t go-test-current-test
  • C-c t f go-test-current-file
  • C-c t p go-test-current-project

This sounds great! Havenā€™t heard of gotest.el before. Thanks for the hint :heart_eyes:

Vim-go is very awesomeļ¼

2 Likes

I use Vim with vim-go in tmux.

I use the same solution with you, to use vim in terminal and with tmux, itā€™s very cool!

having trouble with the ā€œplugin from diskā€ tutorial for Webstormā€¦ After DLā€™ing the nightly-build 0.9.446 ā€¦ Webstorm wonā€™t accept any of the files from the DL folder

The pluggin for Sublime works great for me, i love how the auto-complete works as well as the automated tabbing of for example comments and structures.

I read here that alot of you guys use VIM and Emacs and are satisfied. Iā€™ve never tried VIM but might give it a try and see how it feels.

I was using Atom + go-plus in Vim mode, but with the new NeoVim support for vim-go, Iā€™m back to pure Vim.

Why are you back to NeoVim (after having used Atom for some time)?

Iā€™m using Vim with vim-go, but also tried Pycharm(which I use for Python).