*Base salary: 90k EUR - 125k EUR ( depending on location and experience)
*Role:Staff Backend Engineer
*Office Policy: Remote if currently based in the EU or the UK. Hybrid in Amsterdam ( relocation possible)
*Location: EU/UK or The Netherlands
*Experience level: Staff
*Tech Stack: Golang
Stream is an API for building activity feeds, chat and live video. We do this for thousands of apps and we have over 1 Billion End-Users. 4-5 years ago we switched from Python to Go and everything (other than ML) runs on Go, RocksDB, Raft, Redis, and CockroachDB/Postgres.
A few highlights:
- High-traffic environment, focus on scalability
- 3 different products, each with their unique challenges.
- Activity feeds is very storage intensive with a fanout on read + fanout on write implementation.
- Video requires efficient Go code to ensure low CPU usage and low latency for video.
- Chat requires a good understanding of databases and denormalizing data, with some parts of chat like unread counts being storage-intensive *
- At the moment we’re hiring staff engineers in the EU remote as well as Amsterdam in the office.
- Candidates coming from a different language/background will also be considered. It’s ok if you have only a bit of Go experience, but have been a backend staff level engineer or higher for years
At Stream, our customers are engineers and product owners, so you’ll be joining an engineering-led company.
Feel free to apply and reach out with any questions