RStudio is seeking a candidate for a Software Engineer to join the RStudio Package Manager team. RStudio Package Manager is software to organize and centralize packages for both R and Python, allowing our customers to share local packages and work with other public package repositories. It has unique functionality to navigate snapshots, restrict packages in use, and work offline. We solve the needs of data scientists while making life easier for IT admins. The team also manages the RStudio Public Package Manager service and System Requirements for R Packages.
For this role, we’re looking for someone who has:
- 2+ years of experience building, shipping, and maintaining software in production. Significantly more experience is also welcome.
- Experience building web applications in a modern framework like Vue, React, Angular, or something similar.
- Experience writing automated tests and testable code.
You share our commitment to building great software, and you have an appreciation for simplicity of design, clean code, and delightful user experiences. You love to learn and to help others succeed. You are humble, pragmatic, deliberate, and you have a keen sense of empathy for your customers and co-workers. You also have:
- Programming experience in a professional environment using a high-level, object-oriented language (Go, Python, Node.js Java, C#, or similar).
- Eagerness to understand a scalable systems architecture.
- Interest in the usability and design of UIs.
- A love of well-written documentation.
- A passion for leaving things better than you found them.
- RStudio is a Public Benefit Corporation (PBC) and a Certified B Corporation®, which means that our open-source mission is codified into our charter, and that our corporate decisions balance the interests of the community, customers, employees, and shareholders.
- We welcome all talented colleagues and are committed to a culture that represents diversity in all its forms.
- We prioritize giving ourselves “focus time” to get deep work done. We minimize meetings and attempt to operate asynchronously.
- We are a learning organization and take mentorship and career growth seriously. We hope to learn from you, and we anticipate that you will also deepen your skills, influence, and leadership as a result of working at RStudio.
- We operate under a unique, sustainable business model: We have over 50% of our engineering dedicated to creating free and open source software. We are profitable, and we plan to be around decades from now.
- 100% distributed team (or come into one of our offices in Seattle or Boston) with minimal travel
- Competitive compensation with great benefits including:
- medical/dental/vision insurance (100% of premiums covered)
- 401k matching
- a home office allowance or reimbursement for a coworking space
- a profit-sharing system
- Flexible environment with a generous vacation policy
RStudio is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.
Please submit your application at