Software Engineer @ Luno (Onsite, perm, London) - Go, Microservices, AWS, Kubernetes

Hi all, my name’s Amo and I’m a software engineering manager at Luno - a cryptocurrency wallet and exchange based in central London (Oxford Circus).

We’re looking for multiple software engineers for a new team we’re building. We use Go, micro services architecture (gRPC) and AWS. We have over 40 engineers already in our Cape Town office and 5 in our Johannesburg office. You’ll get to take a trip to Cape Town as part of our on-boarding program where you’ll meet the full team and learn about how our pods work, how we agile, and our idiomatic patterns.

In terms of experience, here’s what we’re looking for:

• A solid foundation in computer science
  • Extensive programming experience in an object-oriented language. We use Go but we welcome applicants who have strong experience in other languages like Java, Scala or C++, etc.
  • Proven experience of building, shipping and supporting a product
  • An interest in cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin

The last point is quite important. You don’t need to be a “Blockchain influencer” (shudder) but you should have a certain level of curiosity around the subject, and specifically cryptocurrencies. We’ll help you learn about the blockchain through the on-boarding program.

If you’re keen, feel free to apply via: https://grnh.se/f48594ae1 or you can catch me on the Go Slack (username is “amo”) and send me a DM.

This is a permanent role, onsite in our London office. You’ll need to have the legal right to work in the UK as we can’t provide sponsorship. The salary is ~£80k-£100k.

Thanks for reading