Senior Web Developer, thoughtbot

Hello! I write Go code at thoughtbot (@croaky and @thoughtbot on GitHub) and am looking for more Gophers to join me and my teammates in San Francisco, New York, Boston, or Austin.

The “catch” is that you should be willing to take on Rails projects if we don’t have active Go projects at a given time. We’re seeing a good flow of Go projects, though, so I’m hoping we’ll get to a point where folks can do Go-only projects if they want to!

We’re also seeing a lot more React, React Native, and Elixir interest over the last year if those technologies interest you.

I hope you’ll apply at https://thoughtbot.workable.com/jobs/351637/candidates/new

More formally:

thoughtbot web developers are able to rapidly build high-quality web applications, fully test-driven. Well-qualified candidates have an excellent knowledge of HTML, CSS, JavaScript, SQL, Unix, deployment, performance, debugging, refactoring, design patterns, and other programming practices.

Ruby on Rails experience is a must but we also have active projects for clients in Go, Elixir (Phoenix), React, and React Native. Experience or interest in these technologies is a big plus. Very well-qualified candidates will also have experience with consulting.

This is a full-time position with a competitive salary, paid time off, pension eligibility, and private health insurance. thoughtbot was founded in 2003, has about 100 designers and developers, and worked for 700+ clients.

We work a sustainable pace of 40 hours/week, consulting for clients four days/week. On Fridays, we have investment time when we learn new tools and techniques, work on open source, create new products, write blog posts, and try to make ourselves, each other, and the community better.

We pay 100% of expenses if you speak at conferences and 50% of the cost for attendees. We also have a 3-day hackathon at the end of every year.

We have five weeks of paid time off per year, plus sick time and personal days. For new parents, we also have at least 6 weeks paid leave in all locations, as well as the ability to take 6 months off.

For full-time U.S. employees, we pay 100% of medical, dental, vision, and life insurance premiums, plus we have a comprehensive 401k plan.