Senior Software Engineer - Foundation Services (f/m/d) at United Internet in Germany

With its business applications, IONOS is one of the leading hosting and cloud applications providers in Europe. With our state-of-the-art technologies, we convince more than 8 million customers in many different countries every day.

Your Tasks

The IONOS Internal Services team is seeking a highly motivated and experienced software engineer.
The team focuses on developing and maintaining"foundation services", which are internal services relevant to several (or even all) PaaS products, such as quota management, feature flags, tagging, labels, tools for customer support and others. The team is new and not yet fully established in its tasks and roadmap. Our teams are responsible for the entire lifecycle of their services: we build it, we ship it, we run it.
We are looking for someone to join our team and work with us on providing the best products possible. This role reports to the Engineering Manager: Internal Services

• Programming in Go and other languages
  • Collaborating with an agile and self-motivated team of peers
  • Solving interesting problems in a dynamic cloud environment
  • Supporting the operations and management of distributed systems
  • Continuously improving our build, test and deployment automation
  • Continuously improving the quality and resilience of our services

We appreciate

• Experience developing, testing and deploying well-engineered code, preferably in Go
  • Constructive contributions to design and architecture discussions
  • Experience in working with cloud environments and distributed systems
  • Experience with Kubernetes container orchestration and helm charts
  • Experience operating and troubleshooting production environments
  • Experience building Kubernetes operators, controllers and CRDs would be a plus
  • Likewise, experience with Kafka would be beneficial

Apply here

Hello @pkuzak ,

I would be glad to assist you.

To discuss further in detail kindly reach me at garry@cisinlabs.com or Skype me: cis.garry

Looking forward for your response.

Thanks

Hi Pawel,
Are you open for part time ? (~20h/week)

Best Regards,
Przemysław

Hi Przemysław,

Basically part time jobs are possible, but this needs to be discussed during the interview. I’d propose to simply apply for this job. If your CV is positively reviewed, you will be contacted and such details can be clarified. Keep in mind that due to the social security law, this position requires a permanent residence in Germany.

Regards,
Paweł

Hi Pawel,
Sorry, I missed information about German residence, it excludes me then … I am located in Poland what seems to be familiar for you according to your name :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Przemysław