IONOS is the leading European digitalisation partner for small and medium-sized businesses (SMB). The company serves around six million customers and operates across 18 markets in Europe and North America, with its services being accessible worldwide. With its Web Presence & Productivity portfolio, IONOS acts as a ‘one-stop shop’ for all digitalisation needs: from domains and web hosting to classic website builders and do-it-yourself solutions, from e-commerce to online marketing tools. In addition, the company offers Cloud Solutions to enterprises who are looking to move to the cloud as their businesses evolve.
The IONOS Platform as a Service team is seeking a highly motivated and experienced software engineer, to help build services for the IONOS Cloud customers in different areas.
The teams are development-focused. In a Cloud environment, the customers expect API-first self-service, immediate delivery and complete automation. Thus, our choice are GoLang, GitOps and CI/CD - not root shells and bash scripts.
Our teams are responsible for the entire lifecycle of the service: we build it, we ship it, and we run it. We are looking for someone to join our team and work with us on providing the best product possible. This role reports to the Engineering Manager: PaaS Network Services.
- Engineering and Ownership of Kubernetes and cloud-based solutions.
- Programming in Go.
- Collaborating with an agile and self-motivated team of peers.
- Solving interesting problems in a dynamic cloud environment.
- Supporting the operations and management of distributed systems.
- Continuously improving our build, test and deployment automation.
- Continuously improving the quality and resilience of our services.
- Good experience developing, testing and deploying well-engineered code, preferably in Go.
- Basic knowledge of containerization, Kubernetes and at least one cloud platform (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP, OpenShift).
- Basic knowledge of networking, especially load balancers and NAT Gateways in the cloud.
Furthermore we would greatly appreciate:
- Deep Golang knowledge, including profiling, remote debugging and mastering of Go tooling.
- Advanced experience in deploying and managing apps on Kubernetes, including helm charts and ArgoCD.
- Constructive contributions to design and architecture discussions.
- Experience operating and troubleshooting production environments.
- Experience building Kubernetes CRDs and operators.
- Experience with the Linux operating system, including Linux networking.