Segmentation fault (core dumped) for any go command

I have installed go 1.12.9 in Linux Mint. For every go command (i.e. go build, go run, go version, go env) I get a message “Segmentation fault (core dumped)”. I have already tried uninstalling and then reinstalling go, but that did not help. I anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it greatly.

Thanks,

Doug

How have you installed go?

I did a series of command line statements:

cd ~/Downloads

wget –c
https://storage.googleapis.com/goland/go1.12.9.linux-amd64.tar.gz

tar –xvf gl1.12.9.linux-amd64.tar.gz

sudo chown –R root:root ./go

sudo mv go /usr/local

export GOPATH=$HOME/go

export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/go/bin:$GOPATH/bin

This is how I installed it the second time. The first time I installed I believe I used the Software Manager. It had been working and I was moving right along
when I suddenly received the “Segmentation fault” message. That is when I uninstalled golang and then re-installed using the above method.

Douglas AtkinsonAssociate Professor | Computer Science & Information Technology Department

Tarrant County College, Northeast Campus | NTAB 2209A

828 Harwood Rd | Hurst TX 76054

(817) 515-6193 | Fax (817) 515-6553

douglas.atkinson@tccd.edu

What does which go give you?

/usr/bin/go

Douglas AtkinsonAssociate Professor | Computer Science & Information Technology Department

It seems as if there is a leftover go binary in your path from a previous installation, make sure you uninstall the previous installation completely.

As a workaround it might work to put the manually installed go first in PATH rather than last:

export PATH=/usr/local/go/bin:$PATH:$GOPATH/bin

Thank you. That worked. I am going to go through and completely delete the previous install. I appreciate your help on this.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.