Vaayu is on a mission to decarbonize retail by helping brands (from fashion and beauty to consumer goods, health and beyond) to track, cut and credibly communicate their climate impact in real time. Our science-based platform provides granular, automated and accurate carbon calculations, powered by over 600,000 activity-based data points that make it easy for brands to understand their emissions and take action throughout the value chain to meet their reduction targets.
We are looking for an experienced Golang Backend Engineer with proficiency in relational and non-relational databases and a strong interest in Data Engineering.
In this role, you will be designing and building high-performance and scalable backend services and data infrastructure with the end goal of providing clean data sets for data science and analytics.
If you want to work at a purpose-driven startup and be part of a team defining state-of-the-art technology that drives down carbon emissions at scale, Vaayu could be ideal for your next career move.
What will your day-to-day look like?
- Design, implement and maintain scalable backend services and data pipelines from the ground up, with a high degree of autonomy;
- Collaborate with LCA experts, data scientists, and backend engineers to solve data challenges;
- Extract and transform data from systems based on Google Cloud Platform to a structure that is relevant by selecting appropriate techniques;
- Work closely with the engineering team on data preprocessing, data structures and service integrations;
Who we are looking for
- Multiple years of production experience with Golang;
- Extensive experience with relational and non-relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, BigQuery);
- Ability to effectively design data models that perform well, and tune queries to access them;
- Strong interest in data engineering and desire to quickly learn and understand new technologies - experience with big data technology and large-scale analytics systems is a plus;
- A proactive passion for solving climate change;
- Fluent in English.
What We Offer
- Work at a mission-driven start-up with sustainability experts
- Receive equity in a fast-growing business with an exciting journey ahead
- Full remote work from anywhere in Europe or equivalent time zones
- Collaborate with a diverse, open-minded, and international team
- Join our bi-annually offsite where we come together in a European destination
Note that this is a fully remote and full-time job opportunity.