Pi Zero Cross Compilation Floating Point Specification

Hello, I am trying to cross compile a go project (syzkaller) to target a Pi Zero so it can emulate usb devices. The problem is that I have been unable to find information regarding how to specify the proper floating point flag to ensure compatibility with the Pi Zero. Everything I have tried results in the VMOV assembly instruction being in the binary file and throwing an illegal instruction. My host machine is x86_64 running go1.21.4 and the pi zero is arm6l running go1.21.4. When cross compiling I am using GOOS=linux GOARCH=arm GOARM=5. The makefile I am using can be found here syzkaller/Makefile at master · google/syzkaller · GitHub (I am compiling the execprog binary). From my research the GOARM=5 should be forcing software floating point operations, but the information sources are very outdated. I also could be using the flag incorrectly since I am not very familiar with GO. Below is a screenshot of the exact compilation arguments for the binary. Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

Please let me know if there is anything I can add to this post to get some help here or if this hardware is just too old. Thanks.