Is there any implementation of Socket.io in golang and gorilla/websockets provide same functionality?

I am developing a product and my team wants me to have socekt.io intead of websockets for data streams utilizing kafka messages i have spent two days and i didn’t find anything realted to socket.io in golang.
Some libraries are out there but those are not being maintained any more.
My question is that does gorilla websockets provide same features as socket.io does for example fallback and reconnection on internet availability ?

But there is a library relate to socketio in golang. Just check https://github.com/googollee/go-socket.io

1 Like

this lib doesn’t implements latest versions of socket.io and maintainer said he doesn’t have time to maintain this project

Hm, I’m not sure there’s anything around that is a mirror implementation for the socket.io library, but there are some decent websocket libraries for Go that you could probably make use of as an alternative.

does this gorilla/websocket provides features of socket.io?

It depends what features you’re referring to. It can be used to build a websocket server. The syntax is different from socket.io, you can explore the examples they provide in the repository for reference.

My question is that does gorilla websockets provide same features as socket.io does for example fallback and reconnection on internet availability ?

As far as I can tell (having not used the majority of the gorilla websocket library). It’s a pretty full featured implementation, it might be that you have to implement specific functionality using parts of the library to suit your use case.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.