Cuvva is making car insurance radically better.
We’re creating truly flexible products that meet people’s real needs. Using lightning-fast technology to unlock better experiences and fairer prices for our customers, Cuvva is building the future of insurance every day.
Cuvva was the first UK company to sell hourly insurance through an app. Since then we’ve sold over 3 million policies and supported over 450,000 customers. We’re a world-class team of over 100 people, passionate about solving our customers’ problems. Join us.
Why work for Cuvva?
We’re shaping the future of insurance. So we don’t cut corners. We try to do the right thing, even when that makes life more difficult for us.
We are customer centric and everyone in every area of the business–including our CEO & Founder Freddy–is expected to spend a few hours a month on customer support. This is so we all fully understand customer needs and how the app works! Here’s a blog post on our ‘Cops Club’.
We’ll speak up when we have an idea - but we know when to let go and get behind something else.
And we’re comfortable giving and receiving honest feedback, and trying new ways of doing things. It’s the Cuvva way.
We’re building a diverse team with different backgrounds, outlooks and experiences. So we give everyone a fair chance of getting a role at Cuvva. Even if you secretly don’t love insurance. (Don’t worry - we didn’t either.)
If you need any adjustments or support when you’re applying to Cuvva, no worries. Just let us know.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced iOS developer who will help us build the user-facing side of Cuvvas platform. You will have experience building complex apps in a modular fashion with elegance and simplicity.
You care deeply about building rock-solid infrastructure for the long term, with a track record of delivering solutions which support your team and product: Cuvva as seen by our customers will be created by you.
You will be responsible for:
Bringing our new design concepts to realisation (let us know if you’d like a peek!)
Collaborating with our platform team to spec out API requirements
Helping customers and fixing any problems they have (everyone at Cuvva helps out with support)
- The perfect addition to our team will have:
- A fiercely independent and self-driven approach
- 5+ years of commercial iOS development team experience
- Understands and embraces the importance of good test coverage
- Excited about the unique opportunities the Apple ecosphere offers
- More ideas than you know what to do with
- A strong understanding of tech startups and what it means to work in this environment
- We are not a large team so it is important that the successful candidate is not only technically highly competent, but also a great cultural add!
More about our codebase:
Currently a mix of Swift and SwiftUI with some legacy ObjectiveC. All new features are created in Swift/UI. We are replacing the ObjectiveC code as part of our ongoing improvements.
Preferred architecture is MVVM-C, don’t worry if you not used this before, we can help you transition (we just really hate massive view controllers ?)
Modular approach - breaking the app into small chunks helps us work in focussed & fast moving feature teams
Design, accessibility and understanding our customers are a core part of our vision. Design is a vital piece of everything we do so we invest heavily in a design system as a way of approaching new features. We want to know our customers’ experience is the best it can be so analytics and accessibility are integrated into every component.
We believe that testing is an integral part of the job, and aim for new code to a decent level of coverage.
- As well as a competitive salary (£75-90k dependant on experience) and equity based remuneration, benefits of working at Cuvva include:
- Professional development budget
- Brand new MacBook
- Health and wellbeing budget
- Enhanced parental leave
- Workplace pension scheme
- 33 days of holiday a year (including public holidays )
- Mates rates on your insurance
- Very flexible work from home or at the office arrangements
- Referral bonus when you bring your friends to join the Cuvva team
- A day off to volunteer
- One-to-one sessions with our Sanctus coach, giving you a safe space to talk about your mental health
- Fully stocked beer and soft drink fridge - we do team drinks every Thursday
- Regular team lunches
- Monthly team outings (so far we’ve done things like karaoke, go-karting, bowling and comedy night)
- Office library full of great books
- Fresh fruit and breakfast club every day
- Season ticket loans
- Cycle to work scheme
Please follow this https://cuvva.pinpointhq.com/en/jobs/11931 to apply