How to start if i already know java?

Friends, I write in Java, but I decided to try something new and learn go, what materials would you recommend, maybe some YouTube channels, courses

I came to Go after many years of Java experience. The biggest hurdle is to realize that you must not try to mimic class inheritance in Go. I learned Go from Donovan & Kernighan. Itā€™s a little out of date now (eg., it pre-dates generics), but it still gives excellent coverage of the basic language.

I second this recommendation. One of the best books Iā€™ve read on any language.

Hey. I will list down the resources I found helpful while learning GO
1**-Official Go Documentation:**
Go through the official Go website: it gives comprehensive documentation, tutorials, and guides.
The ā€œTour of Goā€: It is a very useful and interactive tutorial that introduces the languageā€™s syntax and features.
2- There is a book ā€œThe Go Programming Languageā€ by Alan A. A. Donovan and Brian W. Kernighan. Check it out.
3- Go for online courses at Udemy
4- Youtube: I have listed below the youtubers who are good at teaching GO
1. Todd McLeod (GolangTraining)
2. Jon Calhoun (Calhoun.io)
3. Alex Edwards
4. JustForFunc
5. Go In 5 Minutes
I hope you find this information helpful

1 Like

Am also learning Go at the moment. Kernighan book is awesome (finished several chapters so far). But the exercises are a little bit ā€œdepressingā€ for non-tech/non-math guyšŸ˜¢.

Would also plus for Todd McLeod course (from Udemy - Learn How to Code)

To start learning Go, I recommend beginning with the interactive ā€œTour to Goā€ on the official Go website. It provides a hands on introduction to the languageā€™s syntax and features. Additionally, the ā€œLearn Go Programming - Golang tutorial for Beginnersā€ Youtube series by Derek Banas offers comprehensive video tutorials covering the basics of Go. For a more in-depth understanding, ā€œThe Go programming Languageā€ Book by Alan A.A. Donovan and Brain W. kernighan is highly recommended.
There is no affiliation with any of them.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.