How to pass 'C' include directory to go build

Hi,

I am tryng to wrap a ‘C’ library for use with go.

I’ve got a valid swig .i file, and I’ve got as far as:

go mod init skirmish-dev.net/sgd
swig -go -I../include sgd.i
go build

…at which point I get an error:

sgd_wrap.c:211:10: fatal error: sgd/sgd.h: No such file or directory
  211 | #include <sgd/sgd.h>

The problem appears to be that I haven’t passed the include directory for sgd/sgd.h to ‘go build’ the way I have to ‘swig’. I have tried -Iblah with go build but it gives an error.

I have tried to compile the sgd_wrap.c file generated by swig with gcc but it doesn’t build, it actually doesn’t look like valid ‘C’.

I there some way to pass include directories to go build, or some other way to build the sgd_wrap.c file?

As you’ve probably guessed, I am very new to go!

Bye,
Mark

Okay, just tried copying the headers files into the same directory as the module and I get a bit further, but ‘go build’ now fails with the same errors I get when trying to build with plain gcc. Here are a few of those errors, but there are hundreds…

In file included from sgd_wrap.c:179:
c:\users\marks\dev\mingw\x86_64-w64-mingw32\include\string.h:50:45: note: expected 'void * restrict' but argument is of type 'SGD_String' {aka 'const char *'}
   50 |   void * __cdecl memcpy(void * __restrict__ _Dst,const void * __restrict__ _Src,size_t _Size) __MINGW_ATTRIB_DEPRECATED_SEC_WARN;
      |                         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~
sgd_wrap.c:1895:22: error: assignment of read-only location '*(arg1 + (sizetype)_swig_go_0.n)'
 1895 |   arg1[_swig_go_0.n] = '\0';
      |                      ^
sgd_wrap.c:1901:8: warning: passing argument 1 of 'free' discards 'const' qualifier from pointer target type [-Wdiscarded-qualifiers]
 1901 |   free(arg1);
      |        ^~~~
In file included from sgd_wrap.c:178:
c:\users\marks\dev\mingw\x86_64-w64-mingw32\include\stdlib.h:536:27: note: expected 'void *' but argument is of type 'SGD_String' {aka 'const char *'}
  536 |   void __cdecl free(void *_Memory);
      |                     ~~~~~~^~~~~~~
sgd_wrap.c: In function '_wrap_LoadSkybox_sgd_f7b3eb29aefada5b':
sgd_wrap.c:1984:10: warning: passing argument 1 of 'memcpy' discards 'const' qualifier from pointer target type [-Wdiscarded-qualifiers]
 1984 |   memcpy(arg1, _swig_go_0.p, _swig_go_0.n);
      |          ^~~~