Help with assembly of builtin go functions

In the recent days I have been working on developing a Golang compiler. I am almost done with the laxer+parser and will soon start on the typechecking phase. However, when I get to the IR phase (which I admit is maybe a few weeks away) I realised I might not know certain things related to it. So here are the things I have:

1. How are things like defer, go etc implemented in golang (from a low level perspective)? Like how do I write IR/assembly to do threading etc?
  2. How are the builtin functions here implemented in IR/assembly?
  3. Also, it would be of great help if I could find links to existing assembly routines of a golang compiler as reference, though perhaps I would be able to implement the simpler ones myself.
    A reference to a source / any direction in general is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hi, @Test_Zero, the Go reference implementation source code is available from golang.org/src/

Functions like append, make, and len are implemented as compiler intrinsics, though. You’ll have to look at the compiler implementation here and/or inspect emitted assembly of compiled sources emitted by the reference implementation.

1 Like

Thanks a lot. I will look into the sources you mentioned :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.