Having trouble serving CSS files after clicking a link to a different page

project set up

gohtml filegohtml

Hi everybody!

I’m new to web-development, and I’m having a little trouble with my project. For some reason when you click the link to go to the next page, the CSS file isn’t being served (the text should turn blue…see pics). I find this very odd because the CSS loads perfectly fine on the landing page. If any one could help me out that would be very much appreciated!

Thanks (:

Don’t worry guys, I figured it out right after I posted this! in my “nextpage.gohtml”, I forgot to put a “/” before the word static. it was:

link rel=“stylesheet” href="static/css/nextPage.css

but it should have been:

link rel=“stylesheet” href="/static/css/nextPage.css

Hi there. In the the future, please wrap code in code tags and do not use screenshots :+1: If this had needed code to change nobody here would have bothered re-typing all that. :stuck_out_tongue: It’s not clear by your last post what was the problem and how you fixed it, it would be nice of you if you let us know. Thanks

1 Like

Oh okay good to know, thanks brother! (: This is the first post I’ve ever made on a forum so I’m still figuring it out haha. I updated the reply to my post so you should be able to see the code now!