Having severe problems with my Go installation

Hello Gophers would any of you be that kind and help me ? I have severe issues with my go installation even after reinstalling everything I’m using Mac heres related stack overflow question : http://stackoverflow.com/questions/38324783/golang-package-installation-fails

Does /Users/student/Documents/GO_WORKSPACE exist, and do you have permission to write to all directories beneath that one?

Yes it does. I also gave the permissions to GO_WORKSPACE with chmod

try using GOPATH=$HOME. also make a src folder in $HOME for projects. usualy, is no need to set permissions on any folder.

The gopath is good. I was developing with this env variables for 2 months. Suddenly it stoped working hot trail is leading to golang.org/x/tools it has problem with go/types and other packages as you can see in stack overflow question. They probably updated something.

package github.com/golang/lint/golint
	imports github.com/golang/lint
	imports go/types: unrecognized import path "go/types"
package github.com/golang/lint/golint
	imports github.com/golang/lint
	imports golang.org/x/tools/go/gcimporter15
	imports golang.org/x/tools/go/gcimporter15
	imports golang.org/x/tools/go/gcimporter15: no buildable Go source files in /go/src/golang.org/x/tools/go/gcimporter15

this is the important part

are you using last golang compiler (1.6.2) ?

go version go1.6.2 darwin/amd64 latest stable version. I’ve reinstalled it twice. I’m go getting dependencies in build script I have, so if it broke with no innitiative from my side. Its possible that they updated repo and new version is causing this problem.

I’ve added the issue on golang repo.

hmm, seems like you try to import something that not exist. be sure that you do a go get golang.org/x/tools/whatever.. before import that package.

It worked thanks

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.