Good way to use subfolders?

I’d like to move a few .go files into a subfolder without changing a substantial amount of the source code.

No new module, just a subfolder to get more oversight in Windows Explorer. The best way to do that is to let the build script copy the file to the main folder and delete the copied file after the build?

Does Go have a “using” keyword to make me not put scope prefixes in front of the outsourced symbols - in case the better choice is creating a new module?

Thank you.

You must to use packages for subfolders
The important thing to keep in mind is that only exported symbols (the ones with name starting with Capital letter) are visible outside the packages

1 Like

Thank you. Seems adding the package accessors is also a must. Because of that, I don’t want to create packages. I only want to add oversight and not change a lot of code. One or two lines at the top would have been okay.

I think I will put prefixes into the filenames, I really just want to create visual groups in Explorer.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.