Golang Front-End/Back-end Developers in Portland, OR

Our client is looking to hire two new resources-Very Senior Backend or Frontend Developers with a focus on Golang as they are rewriting a Ruby app in Go. Not UI/UX or designer. Priority on good developer/coder that can work with middleware. Perm but may do contract-to-hire.

Our client’s solution is a data platform and service that allows organizations to risk-manage their software supply chain and increase the robustness and resilience of their software infrastructure.
We are looking for someone with at least 1-2 years of professional software development experience
Knowledge of some, not necessarily all of the following:

• Test Driven Development (TDD)/ Behavior Driven Development (BDD)
  • HTTP Web Services with relational databases
  • Golang
  • Package managers such as Rubygems, NPM, Maven, Nuget
  • Cloud services such as AWS (client’s platform), Google, Azure
  • Continuous Integration and Deployment using TravisCI, Jenkins

Things you will be asked to do:

• Write cucumber tests for new feature, Write implementation to get tests passing
  • Using CD pipeline get code to deploy to testing environment, TravisCI, Docker, AWS
  • Develop AWS Lambda functions for serverless operations
  • Lunch and Learn - Either attend or give low key presentation on relevant technical topics
  • Code review team member Pull Requests
  • Pair or mob program on a regular basis
  • Whole life cycle ownership of bugs and features, from conception to deployment to customers

What Client can offer you:

• An opportunity to be challenged and grow
  • Fair compensation package to reflect your skills and experience
  • Hardware and software you need to excel at your work
  • Most times together, some time remote working environment
  • Flexible working hours, but a required workday window
  • Space to add your expertise without being rigid about the way things need to be done

What you’ll be doing:

• Breathing life into product designs with clean and performance code and configuration
  • Working on the back-end of our web applications using modern languages and frameworks with a strong focus on modularity and reusability
  • Communicating with customers, partners and leadership to define use cases and stories
  • Writing code, testing and delivering continuously
  • Owning and developing our “style” which we share across products
  • Helping define our technology roadmap and the future of products that drive the entire business
  • Working with other members of the product team to plan and execute on projects from conception through to completion
  • Helping innovate and improve our product, message, and delivery

What you bring:

• An excellent taste in design and an eye for detail
  • Excellent knowledge of multiple languages (e.g. C, C++, Python, Ruby, Java, JavaScript)
  • Experience with unit, integration, and functional testing frameworks and principles
  • Familiarity with package managers, build tools, and continuous integration environments
  • Experience with git and GitHub, and git workflows
  • Experience with database technologies - SQL/NoSQL, schema/schemaless, etc.
  • Know of how to choose the right tool for the job, and eagerness to learn new skills
  • Respect and passion for the “golden rule”

Hit me up if you’re interested -
jeffgrow@serverlogic.com
503-416-8307

If you’re looking for a front-end developer, I suggest you checking this article https://www.cleveroad.com/blog/how-to-hire-front-end-developers to know what you should expect from developers of different level (junior, middle or senior). That way it would be easy for you to find the best option for you.

Hiring front-end developers is always tricky. I work as freelance developer and I am asked how to hire developers very frequently. I decided to write a blog post on this topic. I hope you will find it useful.

Hi @jjgrow

I can help

email sent please check

Regards
Frank

Hi Jeff,

Sharing one of our case-study where we have migrated the Rakuten Viki platform from ROR to Golang.

Please have a look and let me know if we can have a word.

Best
Chirag