Go version go1.14.2 windows/386 reports virus

I get the following error message:

go build
go tool compile: fork/exec c:\go\pkg\tool\windows_386\compile.exe: Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software.

My OS is Windows 10 PRO 1903. Virus scanner is only Windows Defender Antivirus.

Good News: No virus found on go version go1.14.1 windows/386

Interesting. How did you instal Go 1.14.2? If you downloaded the installer and ran it, maybe try:

1. Right-click on the installer you downloaded and click Properties. If there’s an “Unblock” checkbox at the bottom, check it and Apply.
  2. Uninstall Go 1.14.2
  3. Reboot.
  4. Re-run the installer.

If you didn’t see that “Unblock” option and/or you’re still having an issue after a re-installation, post back.

1 Like

First of all I used the go1.14.2.windows-386.msi installer.

Second, just to be clear from my side: The installation was not a problem. The virus was detected at the first compiler run, e.g. go build. The found virus name was “Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.C!ml”.

Hope that helps.

@JSp1152 did you try uninstalling, checking “Unblock” from the properties (if it was there) and re-installing?

No I did not. The Version 1.14.1 works fine for me. But I can test it, if it would help you.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.