Go installer problem: Error code 2503

Trying to install Go on an HP Z2 Mini G3 workstation with Windows 10 is giving the following error message in the end of the installation process:

“Go Programming Language amd64 go1.19.2 Setup
The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2503.”

I did uninstall several previously installed software like Matlab, IObit Advanced System Care, Adobe Reader, VERO etc., and quit BitDefender and Freedome, in addition to running Q&A ShutUp10 to reset Windows to factory default settings etc., but nothing did remove this error message.

Please, I would appreciate any help to get me GOing!

I’ll try next installing Go through the Command Line as an administrator …

See: How to Fix Error Code 2503 on Windows 10! BEST FIX! [2021] - YouTube

… This did not quite solve the problem as such, but repeating the installation (2 times!) as an administrator on the Windows Powershell, did finally appear to have installed Go correctly on my PC.

Strangely enough, I have never during the many years encountered this kind of a problem with any other software. For that reason the people at golang.org should really take this error seriously, no matter the clever solutions appearing at YouTube like, for example:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.