Go-bindata: no such file or directory

Hi Go Community. I’m tring to install a go application, but there are a couple of issues.

“make setup” did work, after I polulated binarys in /usr/share/go/1.9/contrib/bin with releases from github.

If I run “make deploy-prod” it gives me Error: /usr/share/go/1.9/contrib/bin/go-bindata": fork/exec /usr/share/go/1.9/contrib/bin/go-bindata: no such file or directory

go-bindata works from shell, I just installed it via go get -u github.com/jteeuwen/go-bindata/...

This is what I tried to install: https://github.com/evepraisal/go-evepraisal/

There is also a more user friendly PHP version, but its outdated.

Sorry, I don’t understand how Go compiling works, even after hours of reading.

It seems like Go looking for bin files in go/1.9/constrib
But ENV says GOBIN is = “/usr/bin”

GOARCH="amd64" GOBIN="/usr/bin" GOEXE="" GOHOSTARCH="amd64" GOHOSTOS="linux" GOOS="linux" GOPATH="/usr/share/go/1.9/contrib" GORACE="" GOROOT="/usr/lib64/go/1.9" GOTOOLDIR="/usr/lib64/go/1.9/pkg/tool/linux_amd64" GCCGO="gccgo" CC="gcc" GOGCCFLAGS="-fPIC -m64 -pthread -fmessage-length=0 -fdebug-prefix-map=/tmp/go-build892740906=/tmp/go-build -gno-record-gcc-switches" CXX="g++" CGO_ENABLED="1" CGO_CFLAGS="-g -O2" CGO_CPPFLAGS="" CGO_CXXFLAGS="-g -O2" CGO_FFLAGS="-g -O2" CGO_LDFLAGS="-g -O2" PKG_CONFIG="pkg-config"

OS is current Leap openSuse (vanilla install)

The makefile seems to have expectations on where go-bindata is supposed to be, which is not where go install puts it. You might want to copy it, symlink it, or complain to the project that authors the makefile / build instructions. While there, suggest that they could provide binary releases to avoid people having to compile their stuff themselves. :+1:

1 Like

Hello, be very carefull with that repo since it was recently compromised. I dont know the current state. I guess it cannot find the binary since the account was deleted.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.