Do you enjoy collaborating in a consultative environment and guiding people using best practices to achieve great results? Do you want to influence and contribute to the growth of a high performing, quality focused team? If so, Theorem wants to know more about you! You can read more and apply here or continue reading below
Theorem is a software consultancy that believes in simplicity in software design. We deliver solutions for startups and enterprises. We are a remote first company with offices in Los Angeles and New York. We have team members from all around the world.
Please note this role may require occasional travel to client sites within the USA. Candidates located within UTC - 3 to UTC - 8 will be given priority for team time zone alignment.
At Theorem you can make a significant impact while enjoying a flexible work schedule.
As Experienced Go Engineer at Theorem You Will:
- Architect components and build distributed systems, APIs, and web applications
- Write lots of high performing Go (golang)
- Tackle complex problems in distributed computing, fault-tolerant storage, distributed queuing
- Build high quality, well-designed, and scalable SaaS platform
- Work with Docker, Kubernetes, and NoSQL databases
- Work with product designers and clients to clarify requirements, prototype functionality and build features and products
- Participate in code and design reviews, teaching and learning from other engineers
- Plan, estimate and prioritize work in a collaborative and distributed team
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience
- 1+ years working with Go and 3+ with at least one other programming language
- Previous experience collaborating on highly distributed teams
- Possess a passion for software development
- Possess a drive to get things done
- Experience working within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Open-minded and demonstrates a passion for continuously learning
- Possess a strong and reliable Internet connection
- Align a portion of your day with the business hours of Pacific Time Zone - UTC - 8
Skills that would be nice to have:
- Previous consulting experience
- Experience building service-oriented architectures
- Experience building non-REST APIs such as GraphQL
Theorem is a team of experts steeped in the theory and practice of mathematics and computer science. This is the core of our iterative, hypothesis-driven process. We are craftspeople who build amazing products for some of the largest global household names. We believe in cultivating a high degree of leadership and technical excellence in all of our team members. Together we build applications that solve our customers’ business-critical problems.
While we have offices in LA and New York, we work remotely with team members around the world
- 100% REMOTE - Work from your remote location if you are not called to travel to client site
- TEAM RETREATS - We get together at an inspiring location to meet, work and play
- HEALTHY BODY, HEALTHY MIND - HAPPY TEAM - We offer vacation and support healthy lifestyles through our physical fitness and continuing education benefits program.
Theorem expects team members to be honest, kind, trustworthy, and operate with integrity. Discrimination and all unlawful harassment (including sexual harassment) in employment is not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities, and all decisions regarding recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, skills development decisions such as training, and all other terms and conditions of our relationship, will be made without regard to race, nationality, national origin, citizenship status, employment engagement status, ethnicity, ethnic origin, color, creed, religion, belief, age, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual preference, lifestyle, social class, military status, disability, physical features, or any other protected status. We oppose all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination.
Theorem is an equal opportunity employer.
No statements by Theorem are intended to create an offer of employment unless made in writing signed by an officer of the company and no offer shall become effective unless countersigned by the prospective employee.