Experience Norway! Go developer in Trondheim (Onsite)

Do you care for quality code, performance and solving problems of speed and scale?
Do you want to tackle hard technical challenges that will contribute to solve important real world problems?
We are looking for a skilled and curious backend developer to join our team.

Join us on our mission to Clarify data heavy industries

Clarify is changing the way people and organisations use data for decision making, collaboration and innovation. Do you want to help us help people solve problems and innovate in data heavy industries?

Working in Searis means working in a young and fast moving tech company, together with a talented and easygoing group of people. We build technology for the future, to solve hard problems for our customers.

Haha. Windows 95 release dance :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: You make a grown man cry…

Hmm … I wonder if anyone at the company ever used Windows 95?

It wasn’t that bad. But at that time I was using Solaris and Mac OS 7.5 so I didn’t really have any need for it. But it was quite an enhancement from Windows 3.1. Plug and play, working multitasking, an interface with startmenu and taskbar, which still is used 25 years later in both Windows and most Linux desktops, with the exception of Gnome 3 (at least in some incarnation).

I can still remember upgrading from 3.11 to Win95. 26 floppy disks :=) So many of us at Searis still remember DOS, Win 3.1, 3.11 and everything from there, though most of us use MacBooks for our day to day work now.

We have received a lot of interesting applications. We’re still looking for Ember.js frontend developers :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @bergshav

I can help with Ember.js please contact me on Skype ID: cis.ron or send me an email at ron.cis40@gmail.com

Regards,
Ron A.

Hi Bernt,

Thanks for explaining that. I also used Microsoft operating systems back to MS-DOS, but that was just because I had clients who ran it under SCO Xenix (Unix for PC that was originally developed by Microsoft, if you can believe that) in the early 1990s, and I needed to support them.

When Windows 95 was released, I had just moved and was in between things. I realized Microsoft had something they thought was a big innovation, and decided to try it to see what the fuss was about. My experience with it was pretty bad! I installed and uninstalled many applications, and had to reinstall Windows 3 times within 3 months because it kept corrupting itself, becoming unreliable and eventually would not even boot. This was a very significant factor in my decision to return to focusing on Unix-based operating systems, and I started using Linux.

1 Like

Do you need experienced developer on Go? if yes you can contact me on Skype ID: cis.ron or send me an email ron.cis40@gmail.com

Regards,
Ron A.