Dead stopped at the beginning!

Got Professor McLeod’s GoLang course and I’m so stopped… I couldn’t follow any further with the “Atom” editor so I downloaded and installed Webstorm even though I don’t have an EDU e-mail so after the trial I’m probably going to have to pay, followed instructions to install golang plugin–and it doesn’t exist! I’m so stymied and I don’t know where to turn on this! I’m wondering if maybe I just got burned buying a series of lectures from 2015, but I so hope not! Now I’m being pointed to some “GoLand” editor and I’m afraid I’m going to wind up paying for something else I can’t even use! Can anybody help me get back on track with this? I am so lost and frustrated!

I think you may shall try to use Visual Studio Code, you will just need to install Go Extension and you will ready to go with it, and about the McLeod’s course its an awesome course definitely one of the bests but you can also use another sources to learn about Go, like some books. I recommend this: The Go Programming Language by Alan A. A. Donovan.

I’d like to share with you some playlists that I found very useful for my studies:

1 Like

I agree with Samuel as for Visual Studio Code.
And I would recommend courses:

Wow, I can’t thank you enough! There’s enough material here to keep me
buried for weeks!

​Thanks very much!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.