Configure linting in VS code go plugin

Hi, I’m trying VS code and I can’t configure the linting or whatever it does. I want it to stop giving me certain warnings.

If I was using staticcheck.io, I could disable “all” in a line above the false positive with //lint:ignore all reason.

But I’m not using staticcheck.io. Should I? Won’t I regret it? I don’t know how to install it, too. The situation is, I thought VS code looks kind of nice. But false positives on unsafe.Pointer are not.

I’m not sure whether the VS Code go plugin is worth the hassle.

Thank you.

Hi @noo,

I am not at my computer ATM to check this, but it should be possible to select the linter in the settings or directly in settings.json.

1 Like

Hi, thank you, I went to the settings, searching for lint, and there’s indeed the drop down field. Unfortunately it has always been set and is now still set to “staticcheck”, which I guess is staticcheck.io. So I’m not sure why //lint:ignore all reason and //lint:ignore-file all doesn’t seem to make a difference.

I could try find a warning code… I mean, I didn’t even find the code for “unsafeptr”, or maybe that is the code, but it’s not documented. So I tried the others (golint, revive, golangcli-lint) and they are more strict and show like 50 more warnings. Hm.

I’m not ranting, but…

Summary

Many of them seem to be “unused”-warnings. The whole unused-hygiene in Go is driving me nuts :wink: I wish Go had a keyword to turn off that prototyping/productivity killer. Never had any problem in Go that was more annoying than this.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.