AI code completion tool?

Hi all,

I have recently saw there is an AI code autocomplete plugin for Java: https://www.codota.com/lp-1/?utm_source=quora.com&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=javaQs&utm_creative=text2

Is there such a thing for Golang ?
Also, is this bringin AI automation one step closer to taking away our jobs ?

None that I know of.

No. It is just a tool that does then searching for us.

I just hope such a tool does not bring us one step closer to complete SOBP (Stack Overflow Based Programming).

I just hope such a tool does not bring us one step closer to complete SOBP (Stack Overflow Based Programming).

Hi @lutzhorn,
I too used to think google/stack overflow based programming is a weakness. It changes the way CS students do their homeworks, and how programmers write code, and as a net result they remember less.

However, now I am starting to belive that it could be adapted, like a man and machine thing, to make better programming. It is somehting that can produce better results if used properly. The skills on the developer have shifted, they need to incorporate search engine as part of the daily work flow.

If we measure a programmers efficiency solely as how much working code he produces, we clearly see the phenomenon of programmers that are weak but produce code with the help of google. This extra help is great, but it shows taht we need an updated way to measure programmers productivity.

Lines of code should no longe be the main criteria, as there is too much copy paste for it to be relevant. Some new measurement is needed closer to how much money value this developer is bringing to his team.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.