I would like to develop various basic and useful functions in Go, so I can re-use them later in my Go programs. To give you an idea:
- Check if a specific file exists on disk
- Check if a specific directory exists on disk
- Create a file for a specified location
- Create a directory for a specified location
- Read an array and print all the values and their index
- Search if specific value is present in an array
- Check if host computer has internet connectivity
- Check if we get HTTP 200 from a URL
- Download a file from a URL
- Unzip a file
- etc , etc …
All of those functions should be cross platform (Windows, Linux, Mac) and they all should have unit-tests. I am not experienced with unit-testing, so I am not sure how I can test stuff like “if a file exists” by mocking the filesystem, or “downloading a file”. I would be so thankful if you can provide me with similar examples (e.g. your libraries) or any tips/advices for that matter – and especially for testing them.
I would also like to use library for logs, so I can distinguish between
debug. What would that be your preferable library to do so?
Thanks in advance