What IDE you guys use?

@flexd Well, it is the editor I use every day.

The main idea is that text is clickable.

A row toolbar is composed of a textarea, and you can have editor or shell commands written there and just click on them to have the output shown.

The idea runs a bit away from your usual editor full of buttons/menus and endless shortcuts.

It is really simple, yet powerful. Clicking on go identifiers will take you to the definition.

There is still room for improvement in code completion, and a debugging feature is in the works.

Let me know what you think about it if you get the change to try it, even if you can’t bear it.

Jetbrains Webstorm is probably the best of all. Atom is also gr8

1 Like

Jetbrains and Vs code

SLowly moving everything from vscode back to emacs. It is jsut so much easier to maintain a centralised configuration which adapts itself to the current machine when having a proper language for configuration instead of just (nested) key-value pairs (which JSON basically is).

2 Likes

vscode as well

Ditto :metal:

I wear Visual code Good much!!

vscode!!

I have made the switch to emacs. Bit fiddly since I’m new to emacs but seems competent enough of what I have seen.

visual studio code

i wrote code in Gedit and and run it on a Terminal.

I use Sublime Text (unregistered :sunglasses: ) with the GoSublime plugin (which took me a very long time to get to work - if you need help PM me).

Atom really is a nice environment to be working in.

1 Like

Can you please tell me how to debug go code in atom.

VS Code with goplugin

vscode same here

I use Gogland (IDE from IntelliJ) and VSCode with Go plugins. If you don’t wanna pay, then VSCode is the way to Go, Atom too, perhaps but for me Atom was very slow and problematic.

Vs Code 4ever :sweat_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.