Unknown column 'users.deleted_at' in 'where clause' using gorm

How do I stop gorm from complaining about deleted_at field. I know I can plain struct without gorm.Model but that would mean I cant add relations to user/other structs… eg I cannot declare user has one language association in User struct if I dont add gorm.Model but if I add, it would complain about deleted_about field which of course doesnt exist. any help is really appreciated. I have tried some combination of tags eg I added DeletedAt field and give it tags 1. gorm: “-” and then I also tried json: “-” to ignore it, but still no luck
This seems very small basic but I couldnt figure sorry I am newbie in golang.

If you want to add relation to other structs like a foreign key constraint you can do this using foreign key tag in gorm. What relation do you want to add between two different structs?

Thank you for your reply. I found my answer in the conventions of gorm docs

I’ve just created my own base model instead using gorm.Model and didnt use deleted_at field on it. And it worked perfectly.

Edit:
And seems that I was wrong, I can have any base struct and associations will work. Just dont user gorm.Model as base Model.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.