Statically compiling Go with QT libraries

Hi
I’m usng OSX El Capitan.
I’m trying to statically compile my binary with the necessary libaries along with the static compilation of QT for my UI.
Using otool -L I see that the dynamically linked libraries are as such:

/usr/lib/libc++.1.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 120.1.0)
	/usr/local/opt/qt5/lib/QtWidgets.framework/Versions/5/QtWidgets (compatibility version 5.6.0, current version 5.6.1)
	/usr/local/opt/qt5/lib/QtQuick.framework/Versions/5/QtQuick (compatibility version 5.6.0, current version 5.6.1)
	/usr/local/opt/qt5/lib/QtGui.framework/Versions/5/QtGui (compatibility version 5.6.0, current version 5.6.1)
	/usr/local/opt/qt5/lib/QtQml.framework/Versions/5/QtQml (compatibility version 5.6.0, current version 5.6.1)
	/usr/local/opt/qt5/lib/QtNetwork.framework/Versions/5/QtNetwork (compatibility version 5.6.0, current version 5.6.1)
	/usr/local/opt/qt5/lib/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/QtCore (compatibility version 5.6.0, current version 5.6.1)
	/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/CoreFoundation (compatibility version 150.0.0, current version 1258.1.0)
	/System/Library/Frameworks/Security.framework/Versions/A/Security (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 57337.60.2)
	/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1226.10.1)

I have also statically compiled QT which is at /Users/alex/Qt/5.7.0_static_osx/lib.

I think I am supposed to run: go build -a -installsuffix cgo to statically compile, with:

// #cgo LDFLAGS: -static -L/Users/alex/Qt/5.7.0_static_osx/lib -lgb

at the top of my main.go file. This builds however

The golang qml libraries don’t work with cgo enabled so I have to turn it off because of the error:

panic: runtime error: cgo argument has Go pointer to Go pointer

and running otool again I can see that it doesn’t look like any of them are now dynamically linked

However if I turn it off I get

packages/qml/interface.go:13: undefined: qml.Object
packages/qml/interface.go:15: undefined: qml.Window

Am I stuck between a rock and a hard place?

QT bindings require cgo. If you disable cgo then your program will not compile.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.