Pkgtop: Interactive package manager and resource monitor designed for the GNU/Linux

Package management (install/upgrade/remove etc.) can be a problem if the user is not familiar with the operating system or the required command for that operation. So pkgtop tries to solve this problem with an easy-to-use terminal interface and shortcut keys. Briefly, pkgtop aims to provide a terminal dashboard for managing packages on GNU/Linux systems. Using the terminal dashboard, it’s possible to list installed packages by size (or alphabetically with -a argument), show information about the package, install/upgrade/remove packages and search package. Also, there are other handy shortcuts for easing the package management process which mentioned in the usage information.

GitHub: https://github.com/keylo99/pkgtop

2 Likes

edit removed my former questions, as I realised they are answered in the README :smiley: But also adding a new one:

It claims to be compatible with pacman, so can I use it as an AUR helper as well or is it pacman only?

2 Likes

It’s pacman only for now. I’m thinking of adding options for choosing the package manager though.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.