Multiple tagging to a single test case

Hi, is it possible to have a // +build integration or // +build smoke like tags for each test case instead of per file? Suppose a file contains 20 test cases, 10 of them will be part of only integration test, 5 of them only smoke test and rest 5 will be both smoke and integration test?

Hi @petrus,
Thanks for reply, but this is again per file basis. I need to differentiate on per test case basis like

//------------These are in same file -----------------------------

// @smoke @integration
func TestFunc1(t *testing.T) {
}
// @smoke
func TestFunc2(t *testing.T) {
}
// @integration
func TestFunc3(t *testing.T) {
}

So, you see, below should be how test cases should run with go test command which may be modified to run custom test cases, if possible as:
TestFunc1 —>. go test —> both integration and smoke tests,
TestFunc2 —>. go test -tags=smoke —> should only be part of smoke test
TestFunc3. —>. go test -tags=integration —> should only be part of integration test

PS. In order to reduce code bloating/repetition, same test cases should not be part of different files so not going with an option of creating separate file for smoke_test.go/integration_test.go

Please let me know if this is possible?

I don’t think so. Build tags are deliberately per file and you can’t read them at runtime.

You could have two files which just define a constant and then use that.

I prefer the technique of adding flags to the test though.

So use the flags module to add a “-smoke” flag and use it to t.Skip() tests you don’t want.

You can use an env var also.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.