Formed in 2014, Tendermint is the creator of Cosmos, an ecosystem of interoperable blockchains. We are a software engineering company that focuses on the Cosmos SDK and Starport, state-of-the-art frameworks for blockchain development. Over USD 100 billion worth of digital assets is secured by the 200+ blockchains built with the Cosmos SDK.
We’re passionate, self-driven industry leaders whose vision is to empower people to create a more transparent and accountable world through open, distributed, and interoperable networks. We believe that the technology we’re building will have a major positive impact on how humans connect and coordinate globally. Join our growing international team and help us build the most popular multi-blockchain ecosystem in the world.
How we work
We have team members working worldwide, from North America, Europe to the Middle East and Asia. We leverage agile methodologies to move quickly and stay focused. Communication is vital to us, and we rely heavily on Slack, Google Workspace, Asana, Notion, and GitHub to help us stay in sync. All the technology we build is free and open source.
This role is a full-time remote position, and you’re free to work from anywhere. Be advised that most team meetings occur between 8 am and 12 pm Pacific Time (UTC-8/-7). If you’re applying from a location where these hours are outside your usual working hours, we expect you to adapt to our meeting times.
What you will be doing:
- Lead the design, development and maintenance of a cross-chain wallet application’s back-end services, including data ingestion and indexing from various full-nodes, APIs and custom components to manage sensitive chain-related data.
- Help architect a decentralized and scalable data indexing service compatible with a variety of heterogeneous blockchains aiming to serve data for cross-chain wallets.
- Work with product owners and technical teams in a cross-functional environment, to implement high quality products that meet business goals.
- Help shape the direction of systems architecture by defining high-level architecture, principles, and standards.
- Assisting engineers through code reviews, acceptance testing, bug fixing, and general support.
- Brainstorm and develop new features with consideration to both user experience and implementation details.
We’re looking for someone that has:
- BS/BA in Computer Science or Economics (or equivalent work experience).
- 7+ years experience in software development and relevant experience in blockchain technologies.
- Hands-on expertise in enterprise technology applications architecture, design, development and support.
- Significant experience with distributed data processing backend technologies such as Hadoop Distributed File System, Apache Kudu, and Presto.
- First-hand experience in designing and writing quality code in Golang.
- Ability to write production quality code.
- Proven track record of delivering applications on time and in-budget.
- Experience working with distributed teams in an agile environment.
- GraphQL experience is a big plus.
- Ability to be a servant leader that enables and encourage co-workers to share their ideas regardless of their seniority or position in the company.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Tendermint and Cosmos-SDK.
- Knowledge of fault tolerant consensus protocols like PBFT or Raft.
What we offer
- The opportunity to be part of building the future of the Internet
- Flexible work schedule
- Excellent benefits like educational budget, fitness and wellbeing spend
- Flexible PTO
- Healthcare, Dental and Vision insurance 100% covered for employees in the US
- 401K Match in the US
- Competitive salary, including equity