I need guidance

Hi everyone, I am new to this site and I just recently learning golang. The problem is I never took any computer language like c, c+, or javascript. I never done this before but I am interested. I’m having difficult understand computer language. Can anyone point me direction which should I start? Thank you!

I’m going to point you at Todd McLeod’s Youtube channel as a good place to start, as he goes through much of the computer science fundamentals behind it all: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSak_q1UXfPryzkPqy8mCO0cN-dJ6aEsp

Past that he has a udemy course and I could refer you to a couple of books: Go in Action is a good one. Anything else I would say would be web development specific and not as much general Go.

What I would say is stick with it. Even coming from another language, like PHP, Golang has it’s own set of twists and turns. I’ve been going through the Pluralsite course on Go. I’ve also picked up these two books which are decent:

The Go Programming Language:

Go in Pratice:

Remember they say it takes 10,000 to master a subject.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.