return myStruct
}

func writeToCsv(myStruct []MyStruct) {
    // prepare writer then write header
    for i := range myStruct {
	    // create the slice of string to be written to csv
    }
}

It works correctly. However, I would like to be able to limit the number of rows written in a single csv file to e.g. 500,000 rows without having rows of the same name (from the names slice) being separated.

For example, name1 has 200,000 MyStruct rows, name2 has 289,000 MyStruct rows and name3 has 180,000 MyStruct rows. Since the total number of rows from name1 to name3 is already more than 500,000, I would like it to be written in a single csv file. After that, I would like to continue getting the MyStruct data for name4, name5 and so on and so forth until their total again exceed 500,000.

Can the above be solved properly using closures?

Also, since I’m using Golang, I think it would be better if I also know how to do the following concurrently:

1. Get the MyStruct rows
2. Write them to CSV

Thanks for the help.

I would create a map[string][]MyStruct, where the keys would be the names, which I would return from getNames(). Then, by doing a simple len() of this map’s MyStructs I would decide which []MyStructs to pass to the variadic writer function. Something like that perhaps. In other words: get all names >> get all structs for names >> decide which structs to include in a single CSV.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.