Best universities in Europe to learn Go

What universities do you recommend to learn Go in Europe? What universities are decent? Where are large local gopher communities?

I don’t think it is for an university to teach Go or any programming language. An university should teach Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science (“Informatik” in Germany) but not a specific tool.

A list of Go user groups in Europe can be found at https://github.com/golang/go/wiki/GoUserGroups#europe

BTW: Is the background of your question that you want to hire Go developers, not learn Go?

1 Like

Hi lutzhorn,
thanks for pointing out :slight_smile: That is a very helpful link! Yes, the background is that I want to hire Go developers, but I want to get into Go, too.
All the best

I don’t think any institution of higher education offers a Go course. The language is still young and not very much used.

Reading a good book is something I would always prefer over sitting through an introductory course. My recommendation is to get a copy of The Go Programming Language and work through it. This will teach you more and at your own speed than any course can do.

Programming in a good editor with Go support helps. I prefer Visual Studio Code but others are happy with other tools.

well, there’s that list:

(which I shall update with my university once I finished writing that damn lecture, for this semester)

2 Likes

@lutzhorn, thanks! That is helpful, too.

@bins,
great! Thanks for the list :slight_smile:

you could find out from Todd Mcload
He taught Golang in a school.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.